The IRA and IQAP portals are interim Business Intelligence tools developed using Microsoft Reporting Services. These portals were built to deliver reports and data to users as McMaster transitioned from its legacy systems to Mosaic, before the development of the current Business Intelligence Portal using Oracle’s BI software suite. As development of the new BI Portal continues, content will gradually be moved from the IRA Portal and IQAP Portal to the BI Portal. In particular, some of the content available on the IRA and IQAP Portals that is not yet available in BI are:
- McMaster’s government enrolment report submission (USER). USER is the most appropriate source to answer enrolment questions related to funding
- Survey results
- Student retention and time to completion
- Faculty member headcounts
Reports on the IRA and IQAP Portals are based on static datasets. The two portals do not connect directly to Mosaic. As a result, users should not expect results on the IRA and IQAP Portals to match Mosaic or BI reports exactly. If you have any questions about reports on the IRA and IQAP portals, please contact IRA Help.
Click here to navigate directly to the IRA Portal.
The IRA Portal was developed to deliver reports in an efficient, uniform manner to the university community. The reports featured on the IRA Portal include:
- Admissions. The admissions dataset used on the IRA Portal is compiled by OUAC and includes data for all universities. Due to technical difficulties, OUAC has not yet delivered the most recent datasets and the most recent year available is 2016.
- Enrolment. The IRA Portal uses McMaster’s government enrolment report (USER) as the dataset for enrolment reports. As a result, these reports feature both headcount and student FTE, and are the most appropriate source for enrolment figures related to budgeting.
- Full-Time Faculty headcounts by Department, Rank and Appointment Type.
- Student Retention and Time to Completion.
- Survey results:
- Canadian Graduate and Professional Student Survey
- McMaster In-Program Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement
- Ontario University Graduate Survey
- Graduate Program Outcome Survey
- McMaster Graduand Survey
The IRA Portal is open to all university staff who require access for their jobs. Users include:
- Registrar’s Office staff
- School of Graduate Studies staff
- Faculty administrators
- Deans, Associate Deans and Assistant Deans
- Department Chairs and administrators
Users of the IRA Portal are not limited by Faculty or Department. No individual record-level data is available on the IRA Portal, all reports are aggregate only.
To request access to the IRA Portal, please email IRA Help. Please include your MacID and copy your supervisor on the request.
Click here to navigate directly to the IQAP Portal.
The IQAP Portal is designed to give IQAP reviewers access to a common dataset for all programs. Available reports include:
- Student Retention and Graduation Rates
- Graduate Time to Completion
- Survey Results
- Headcount Enrolment based on McMaster’s government enrolment report (USER)
Additional reports are available on the IQAP Dashboard in the McMaster Business Intelligence Portal.
The IQAP Portal is available to all IQAP reviewers.
Users of the IQAP Portal are not limited by Faculty or Department. No individual record-level data is available on the IQAP Portal, all reports are aggregate only.
Please visit the Training Materials or Training Videos section of the IRA website for more information on how to use the IQAP Portal.
To request access to the IQAP Portal, please email IRA Help. Please include your MacID and copy your supervisor on the request.